Huskies Get Hired
Huskies Get Hired, sometimes referred to as HGH, connects students who are seeking internships and jobs with employers who have open positions. Huskies Get Hired has additional functions that help students, employers and NIU faculty/staff.
All students are assigned Huskies Get Hired accounts, free of charge, during their first semester at NIU. Alumni can continue to use Huskies Get Hired after graduation.
Because Huskies Get Hired has so many features, it can take practice to use the system effectively. All users are encouraged to visit Career Services or call (815) 753-1641 for assistance with Huskies Get Hired.
Students can begin using the following Huskes Get Hired features by logging in:
- Search and apply for hundreds of internships and part-time and full-time jobs
- Upload multiple resumes, cover letters and unofficial transcripts into a personal document repository
- Schedule on-campus interviews
- Publish resumes in a “resume book” so that employers can view your qualifications
- Get labor market outlook information through the “Career Explorer” feature
- Use the “Career Advice” feature to link to information from the National Association of Colleges & Employers about resumes, interviews, the job market, salaries and job search strategies
Employers can request free access to the Huskies Get Hired system. Employers can use Huskies Get Hired to:
- Post jobs and internships; postings are archived for your future use
- View candidates’ application materials online and invite candidates to interview
- Set up on-campus interviewing schedules
- Register for career fairs
- Browse published resumes to invite applicants to apply for your positions
- Request to schedule campus information sessions
Faculty, staff, and instructors at NIU are invited to request free Huskies Get Hired accounts. Using these accounts, faculty/staff can:
- Search for internship/job postings
- Flag recommended postings and send your suggestions to students
- Use the “Career Explorer” feature to access labor market information
- Learn about upcoming career events and information sessions